Professional MS Program
Two year (24 months, including required fieldwork) professional education in occupational therapy leading to the Master of Science degree
- Our three year option program allowing students to pursue their entry level education at a slightly slower pace.
- Opportunity for interested students to pursue a dual masters degree with the Mailman School of Public Health.
- Availability of a wide variety of clinical experiences within the extensive network of hospital and community-based facilities in the New York metropolitan area and beyond.
- Opportunity for individual and collaborative research with peers, faculty, and other professional colleagues.
- A cooperative learning environment which fosters active, participatory learning and problem solving.
- Coursework that reflects state of the art occupational therapy practice.
- Occupational therapy elective offerings, allowing students to pursue personal interests in depth.
- Mentoring and preceptor programs.
- A diverse, multicultural student body.
- Access to the resources of Columbia University including the world-renowned Health Science Campus in the midst of the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in addition to the breadth of resources within New York City.
- A 100% employment rate for all who seek it.
- Our pass rate of first time takers of the NBCOT certification exam well exceeds the national average.
Doctor of Education Program:
- A unique program that combines the science and practice of motor learning with occupational therapy.
- An opportunity to study at both Teachers College and at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Programs in Occupational Therapy; both programs are among the top in their respective fields.
- Opportunity to pursue and implement original research, under the mentorship of renowned faculty.
- A cooperative learning environment which fosters collaboration across disciplines.
- Coursework that reflects state of the art occupational therapy practice, movement science, and research.
- Access to all the resources of Columbia University including the world-renowned Columbia University Medical Center and Teachers College. This is in addition to the breadth of resources within New York City.
Information about admissions to each of our programs is available on this website, as is information regarding financial aid.