Phyllis Simon, MS, OTR/L
Associate in Clinical Occupational Therapy
- M.S., Occupational Therapy, Columbia University
- B.S., Psychology, State University of New York at Binghamton
- Provision of occupational therapy services for older adults across the continuum of acre
- Extensive work experience in inpatient, outpatient and community-based practice settings for adults
- Extensive training and experience in the areas of neurological and cognitive rehabilitation for adults
- Development and implementation of varied programs for older adults in home and community-based programs and settings.
- Prevention and Rehabilitation for Older Adults
- Level 1 Fieldwork Coordinator across the curriculum
- Level 1 and Level 2 Student Fieldwork Supervision
- Aging in place, health promotion and wellness for older adults
- Cognitive rehabilitation strategies for older adults
Presenter at AOTA and GSA conferences
Kitago, T, Liang, J. Huang, VS, Hayes S., Simon, P., Tenteromano, L, Lazar RM, Marshall RS, Mazzoni, P, Lennihan, L & Krakauer JW (2013). Improvement after constraint induced movement therapy: recovery of normal motor control or task specific compensation? Neurorehabilitation Neural Repair, 2(2), 99-109.