Program Director Janet Falk-Kessler Announces Retirement
- Developing the joint MS/MPH program, the first of its kind.
- Serving as a champion to maintain our program’s commitment to mental health
- Developing a joint EdD program in conjunction with Teachers College Department of Movement Science
- Shepherding the post-professional OTD through the University administration and the New York State Department of Education, resulting in Columbia University being the first New York State based program to offer this degree. It is now on the record for degrees that may be granted in New York State because of her tireless efforts.
- Securing dedicated OT space in the Learning Center, which now serves as our OT lab.
- Developing our Programs elective program
- Shepherding our department through four accreditation cycles and serving as lead for two of them.
Her honors include induction into Kappa Delta Pi, the American Occupational Therapy Association’s Roster of Fellows for “outstanding contributions to mental health education”, serving on multiple editorial boards, and many more.
On behalf of the dozens of faculty members and thousands of students she has mentored, we wish her only the best during her “refirement”. Most importantly, we wish her well as she enjoys her current role of grandmother to Violet and Evelyn!