Applications may be submitted by any licensed occupational therapist who has earned a Masters degree from a college or university that is accredited by a United States Department of Education Regional Accreditation Agency. If you are completing your entry-level Masters degree from a properly accredited OT program, you may also apply. Please understand that if accepted into the OTD program, you must earn your NBCOT certification along with your state license by the end of your first semester of study in our program.
The application includes the following items:
- A completed application form, including your resume/CV.
- One essay, two to three pages in length, double-spaced.
- A non-refundable electronic application fee of $85 paid either online or by check or money order made payable to Columbia University.
- Three completed reference forms, submitted electronically.
- Sealed envelope(s) containing your transcript request form(s) and official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities from which you have received a degree, if not submitted electronically.
Applicants who have earned their MS degree in Occupational Therapy from Columbia University within 10 years of this application, or who are currently completing their MS degree in OT from Columbia, do not need to submit references, transcripts, or the application fee in order to apply.
International students whose earned degrees are from non-English speaking nations are also required to submit official results of the TOEFL, including the written portion of the test, or the IELTS; and a WES (https://www.wes.org) evaluation of your transcript.
The online application and additional materials will be considered on a rolling basis. Please note: your application will not be reviewed until it is complete. It is in your best interest to submit all materials as early as possible.
An interview is also required. Please contact our office to set this up.
Lenin C. Grajo, PhD, EdM, OTR